Love software and product development for startups but you're still crunching lines of code at school?
We finally have a internship program ready for you! We will be accepting 10 aspiring startup software developers for our 2017 summer intern program. No, no, no, you won't be fetching coffee and testing pre-existing products. You will be embarking on a summer quest to startup enlightenment with your techy peers.
The Hacker Fellows internship program will run from May 15, 2016 until July 14, 2016. For the one week training bootcamp (May 15 - 19) we will house you in Downtown Detroit. After the bootcamp you will live and breathe startup software development in the ecosystem where your company resides (May 20 - July 14).
We are looking for scrappy software developers that want to participate in an abbreviated version of our fellowship program. Here's what will happen during your summer internship:
- One week software/entrepreneurial training bootcamp in Detroit
- Job with a Michigan startup for the summer
- Compensation boost from Invest Detroit
- Hands-on software and product development experience
- Grow deeply rooted connections in Michigan's startup and tech scene
- Receive mentoring and support from the Hacker Fellows and Invest Detroit team
Below you will find the 2017 internship application. Please fill out the application to your best ability. If you have any questions about the application/internship program or have really cool work to share, please do not hesitate to reach out to Sam (email@example.com), Program Manager. He can answer any questions you may have and discuss startups where you may be a good fit!